Sunday, November 2, 2008

November 2 2008


I can't believe how the time has flown by - November already. For a short update, my daughter and I did finish the Marine Corp Marathon - in 5 hours 2 minutes. We trained to finish around 5 hours, so we did accomplish our goal. Our feet were sore - and we were tired, but all in all, in pretty good shape. No more long runs for awhile. If we can maintain an 8-10 mile run on the weekends, I'll be happy.

Now to try and get back into some sort of routine. I've been at the torch again, and am pretty excited about the encased and etched beads I've done. They have a translucents that is hard to describe.

I don't have a picture yet, but I've made some awsome purple and white beads, concentrating on just dots. After all this time, I've learned something about them. It has alot to do with how you melt them in as to keeping them as dots and not having them distort on you.....I tried meling in the side dots first - and it works! Hoping to get a picture of them tomorrow. These may make an awsome necklace that I can take to my favorite gift shop....

No comments: