Monday, August 18, 2008

August 18 2008


Time does fly when you are having fun, or are busy. Can't really remember all that has happened since the last time I wrote - I went to Florida to visit family - yes - it was hot there, but I enjoyed it. My sister-in-law and I ran 11 miles in preparation for our marathon coming up in October. Since then, I have been trying to get back into the swing of things here at home...chores that have been waiting for quite a while need to be done now....taking care of the dogs, running....torching...the days just fly by.

Lately I have been experimenting with reactive glasses, and am really excited about the results. Greens, blues, deep reds, and tans are all developing - on bases of ivory, silver ivory, black and opal yellow! I think I've finally figured out how it's done, and what's most exciting is that I can reproduce the results from day to day. Along with the reactive glass, I've done a couple sets of violet and white beads, copper green and iris blue, as well as turquoise and white....a pretty productive day today.

No comments: