Sunday, June 22, 2008

June 22 2008


What a beautiful day today- sunny and warm, but not too warm. We started the day with a short 3.5 mile easy run. I wonder if there are any other lampworkers/jewlery designers who run? Anyone signed up for the Marine Corp Marathon? Let me know! The dogs certainly enjoy these runs, although the older dog runs about 1 mile and then goes home for a rest in front of her fan. The younger dog could run all day if we let her. After some weed pulling (and there are lots of weeds), it was torch time. Not a very good day today - I did finish one set of beads, but spent the better part of my torch time practising "stringer control". I took a lesson with none other than Corina Tettinger while out west, and am trying to undo some bad habits I have acquired, as well as learning some of the ideas she showed me. She is really an awsome teacher as well as lampworker. I'd recommend workshops with her anytime.

No comments: